If you’re a fan of the Windows Photo Viewer application from Windows 7, you’ll be happy to know that you can get it back in Windows 10. It’s not included in Windows 10 by default, but you can easily install it by following these simple steps.
Windows 10 has been out for a while now and with it, Microsoft has made some pretty big changes. One of those changes is the removal of the classic Windows Photo Viewer program and replacing it with the new Photos app. While the new app does have some nice features, many users still prefer the old program. Fortunately, it is still possible to get Photo Viewer back in Windows 10. Here’s how:
2) Step One: Install the Classic Shell Program
The first thing you’ll need to do is install the Classic Shell program. This program will allow you to bring back the old Start menu and other Windows 7 features. Once you’ve downloaded and installed Classic Shell, launch it and click on the “Start Menu” tab. From here, you’ll want to check the “Enable Classic Shell” option and then click on the “OK” button.
3) Step Two: Install the Photo Viewer Program
Now that you have Classic Shell installed, the next thing you need to do is install the Photo Viewer program. You can download the program from here. Once you have it downloaded, just double-click on the file to install it.
4) Step Three: Set Photo Viewer as Your Default Image Viewer
The last thing you need to do is set Photo Viewer as your default image viewer. To do this, open up the Photos app and click on the “Settings” icon. From here, scroll down and click on the “More” option. Next, click on the “Open With” option and then select “Photo Viewer” from the list.
That’s all there is to it! By following these steps, you’ll be able to bring back the classic Windows Photo Viewer program in Windows 10.
Table of Contents
How to To Bring Back Photo Viewer in Windows 10
If you’re anything like me, you probably miss the good old Windows Photo Viewer. It was simple, lightweight, and it just worked. Microsoft replaced it with the new Photos app in Windows 10, and while it’s a good app, it’s not quite the same as the old Photo Viewer.
Fortunately, it’s easy to get the old Photo Viewer back in Windows 10. All you need to do is install the free Classic Shell utility, and then enable the Photo Viewer option. Here’s how:
1) Download and install Classic Shell from here: http://classicshell.net/
2) Run Classic Shell, and click on the “Start Menu” tab.
3) Under the “Start Menu Style” section, select “Windows 7 Style”.
4) Click on the “Advanced Settings” button.
5) In the “Advanced Settings” window, go to the “Tools” tab.
6) In the “Tools” tab, check the “Enable Photo Viewer” option, and click on the “OK” button.
7) That’s it! The old Windows Photo Viewer should now be back.
The Best Ways to Use Photo Viewer
There are a few different ways to use Photo Viewer in Windows 10. The best way to use Photo Viewer is to open it from the Start Menu. You can also open Photo Viewer from the File Explorer. To do this, simply right-click on any image file and select “Open with” > “Photo Viewer”.
If you want to set Photo Viewer as the default program for opening images, you can do so from the Settings app. Go to “System” > “Default apps” and under “Photo viewer”, click on the “Choose a default” button.
Once you have Photo Viewer open, you can view your images in a number of different ways. The most basic way to view your images is to just click on the image file and it will open in the main window.
You can also view your images in a slideshow by clicking on the “Slideshow” button in the toolbar. This will open up a new window where you can view your images in a slideshow.
If you want to view your images in full-screen mode, you can click on the “Full Screen” button in the toolbar. This will open up a new window where you can view your images in full-screen mode.
Photo Viewer also has a number of different editing options that you can use. To access the editing options, simply click on the “Edit” button in the toolbar. This will open up a new window with a number of different editing options.
The first thing you can do is crop your image. To do this, simply click on the “Crop” button and then select the area of the image that you want to crop.
You can also rotate your image by clicking on the “Rotate” button. You can rotate your image clockwise or counterclockwise.
If you want to resize your image, you can click on the “Resize” button. This will open up a new window where you can enter in the new dimensions for your image.
You can also use the “Auto Enhance” button to automatically improve the quality of your image.
If you want to add a text caption to your image, you can click on the “Add Text” button. This will open up a new window where you can enter in the text that you want to add to your image.
The last thing you can do is save your image. To do this, simply click on the “Save” button in the toolbar. This will open up a new window where you can choose the location where you want to save your image.
Tips and Tricks for Using Photo Viewer
Assuming you have already installed Photo Viewer:
1) To bring back Photo Viewer in Windows 10, open File Explorer and go to the following location: C:\\Windows\\Programs\\Windows Photo Viewer\\
2) Right-click on the PhotoViewer.dll file and select “Copy”.
3) Paste the file in the following location: C:\\Windows\\System32\\
4) To register the PhotoViewer.dll file, open Command Prompt as Administrator. Type the following command and press Enter:
5) You should see a “DllRegisterServer in C:\\Windows\\System32\\PhotoViewer.dll succeeded” message.
6) Close the Command Prompt window.
7) Now, open the Default Programs window by going to Start > Default Programs.
8) Click on the “Associate a file type or protocol with a program” link.
9) Scroll down and find the .jpg file extension. Double-click on it.
10) In the “Open with” window, select Photo Viewer and click on the “OK” button.
11) Close the Default Programs window.
Now, you should be able to open .jpg files in Photo Viewer just by double-clicking on them.
How to Customize Photo Viewer
Assuming you have already installed the Windows 10 Photo Viewer app…
1) Right-click on any image file and select “Open with” > “Photo Viewer”.
2) Find the “More apps” option at the bottom of the Open with menu and click it.
3) Scroll down the list of apps until you find “Windows Photo Viewer”. Select it and click “OK”.
4) You should now see the Photo Viewer app in the Open with menu. Select it to open your image.
5) Once your image is open in the Photo Viewer app, click the “Customize” button in the top-right corner.
6) In the Customize menu, you can change the background color, set a default zoom level, and more.
7) When you’re finished customizing, click the “OK” button. Your changes will be saved and the Photo Viewer app will remember them the next time you open it.
There you have it! Six easy steps to bring back the Photo Viewer in Windows 10. We hope this guide was helpful. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below.