If you have a Google Home and a Nest Thermostat, you can connect the two devices and control your thermostat with your voice. Here’s how to do it:
If you want to be able to control your Nest thermostat with your voice, you’ll need to connect it to your Google Home device. Here’s how to do it:
1. First, make sure your Nest thermostat is connected to Wi-Fi.
2. Then, open the Google Home app on your mobile device and tap the Add button in the top right corner.
3. Select “Works with Google” from the list of options.
4. Scroll down and select the Nest option.
5. Follow the prompts to sign in to your Nest account and connect your thermostat.
Once you’ve connected your Nest thermostat to your Google Home, you’ll be able to control it with your voice. For example, you can say “Hey Google, set the temperature to 68 degrees” or “Hey Google, turn the temperature up”.
Nest thermostats are a great way to save energy and money, but they can be even better when used with Google Home. Google Home is a voice controlled assistant that can be used to control many different devices in your home, including your Nest thermostat. In this article, we’ll show you how to connect your Nest thermostat to Google Home so you can start controlling it with your voice.
What You’ll Need
In order to connect your Google Home to your Nest Thermostat, you’ll need:
-A Google Home device
-A Nest Thermostat
-A compatible smartphone or tablet
-A Wi-Fi connection
Once you have all of the above, you can begin the process of connecting your Google Home to your Nest Thermostat.
Setting up Your Nest Thermostat
First, you’ll need to make sure your Nest thermostat is properly installed and connected to your home’s Wi-Fi network. Once that’s done, you can enable the Google Home integration by opening the Nest app and going to the Settings menu. From there, select the Works with Nest option and enable the Google Home integration.
Once that’s done, you’ll be able to ask your Google Home device to control your Nest thermostat. For example, you can say “Hey Google, set the temperature to 72 degrees” or “Hey Google, turn the thermostat off.”
If you have multiple Nest thermostats in your home, you can also specify which one you want to control with your Google Home device. For example, you can say “Hey Google, set the downstairs thermostat to 72 degrees.”
Connecting Google Home to Your Nest Thermostat
Assuming you have a Google Home and a Nest Thermostat, connecting the two devices is a fairly easy process.
1. Start by putting your Nest Thermostat into pairing mode. To do this, press and hold the Nest Thermostat’s ring for about five seconds. The display will then show the message “Welcome! Please follow the instructions in the Nest app to continue setup.”
2. Next, open up the Google Home app on your mobile device.
3. Tap the Add icon in the top right corner of the screen, then select “Set up device.”
4. Select “Have something already set up?”
5. Scroll down and select “Nest.”
6. Sign in with your Nest account credentials.
7. Once you’re signed in, you’ll be asked to select which Nest Thermostat you’d like to connect to your Google Home. Select the one you’d like to use, then tap “Link.”
8. That’s it! Your Google Home and Nest Thermostat are now connected.
Controlling Your Nest Thermostat with Google Home
If you have a Nest Thermostat, you can now control it with your voice using Google Home. In this article, we’ll show you how to connect your Nest Thermostat to Google Home, so you can start controlling your home’s temperature hands-free.
To get started, you’ll need to have the Google Home app installed on your mobile device. Once you have the app open, tap the Add (+) icon in the upper right corner to start adding a new device.
On the next screen, select the Works with Google option.
Scroll down the list of compatible devices until you find Nest Thermostat, then tap it to select it.
You’ll be asked to log in to your Nest account. Once you’ve logged in, you’ll be asked to grant Google Home access to your Nest account. Tap Allow to continue.
You’ll be taken back to the Google Home app, where you’ll see a message saying that your Nest Thermostat has been successfully connected.
That’s it! You can now start controlling your Nest Thermostat with your voice using Google Home.
After you have followed the steps above, your Google Home should be successfully connected to your Nest Thermostat. You can now start controlling your thermostat using voice commands. For example, you can say “Hey Google, set the temperature to 68 degrees” or “Hey Google, turn the temperature up”.
If you have any problems connecting your devices, make sure that the Nest Thermostat is connected to Wi-Fi and that the Google Home app is up-to-date. You can also try restarting both devices.