If you’re seeing an error message that says “An error is preventing this slideshow from playing” when you try to play a slideshow in Windows 10, don’t worry. We’ve got the fix. Just follow these simple steps:
If you’re seeing the error message “An error is preventing this slideshow from playing” when trying to play a slideshow in Windows 10, don’t worry – you’re not alone. This is a common error that can be fixed with a few simple steps.
Here’s what you need to do to fix the error and get your slideshow playing again:
1. First, make sure that you’re using the latest version of the Windows 10 Slideshow app. You can do this by opening the Microsoft Store app and checking for updates.
2. If you’re still seeing the error after updating the app, try restarting your computer. This can sometimes resolve software issues that may be causing the error.
3. If the error persists, try resetting the Slideshow app. You can do this by going to the Settings app and selecting “Apps & Features.” Then, find the Slideshow app in the list and click “Reset.”
4. Finally, if you’re still seeing the error, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Slideshow app. You can do this by going to the Settings app and selecting “Apps & Features.” Then, find the Slideshow app in the list and click “Uninstall.” Once the app is uninstalled, you can install it again from the Microsoft Store.
Hopefully one of these solutions will fix the error and you’ll be able to enjoy your slideshow again.
Table of Contents
What is the problem?
Windows 10 comes with a new feature called the Windows Slideshow. However, some users are reporting that they are unable to use this feature due to an error. The error message states, “An error is preventing this slideshow from playing.”
There are a few potential causes for this error. One possibility is that the Windows Slideshow feature is not compatible with your computer’s graphics card. Another possibility is that your computer’s display settings are not set to the recommended resolution for the Windows Slideshow feature.
To fix this problem, you will need to change your computer’s graphics settings or display settings. For more information on how to do this, please see the section below.
How to fix the problem?
There are a few things you can do to fix the problem:
1. Try updating your graphics driver.
2. Make sure your computer meets the system requirements for the slideshow software.
3. Try reinstalling the slideshow software.
4. If you’re using PowerPoint, make sure you have the latest service pack installed.
If you continue to have problems, please contact our support team for help.
What are the consequences of not fixing the problem?
If you do not fix the problem, the slideshow will not play on Windows 10.
How to prevent the problem from happening again?
The problem is caused by a conflict between the Windows 10 operating system and the PowerPoint program. To prevent the problem from happening again, you can try one of the following solutions:
1. Update Windows 10 to the latest version.
2. Update PowerPoint to the latest version.
3. Uninstall any unnecessary programs from your computer.
4. Run a antivirus scan on your computer to check for any malware or viruses.
An error is preventing this slideshow from playing on Windows 10 can be fixed by doing the following:
1. Make sure that the latest version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer.
2. Update your drivers. You can do this by going to your manufacturer’s website and downloading the latest drivers for your graphics card and other hardware.
3. Install any available updates for Windows 10.
4. Restart your computer.
5. Try playing the slideshow again.